Did you mean: 

3 bugs

TDJ
Senior III

1. TouchGFX Designer looks for ST-Link utility in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32 ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK Utility

while recent ST-Link version gets installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\STM32 ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK Utility

and different folder selection during installation is not even an option.

2. Slider control has a bug, handle leaves a trace while moved - both in emulator and on STM32F769i-DISCO. See screenshot.

3. Change Screen interaction action does not seem to always work. Controls from another screen appear but controls from the previous screen do not slide out - for example. In emulator it works OK, on STM32F769i-DISCO it does not.

It is great product, just little buggy.

16 REPLIES 16
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

Thanks!

1) I'll investigate. Could you show me a log/screenshot of the error you're getting?

2) It's not a bug =) You're missing a background. Right now you're basically drawing (and invalidating) on top of garbage data in the framebuffer which will leave "traces". It's a common mistake by users and we've considered always adding a default background to avoid confusion.

3) Maybe you do not have a buffer defined for effects like transitions (requires a seperate buffer called "animation storage"). It's required for hardware configuration - For simulator there's always enough memory to do it.

So, while the majority of your list most likely do not qualify as "bugs" the fact that you're experiencing it tells us something about the usability of TouchGFX - That's great feedback actually.

Let me know.

/Martin

1. Screenshot attached. Btw, line-wrapping may be a good log viewer improvement.

2. OK, let's call it a feature:) Although I think in YouTube presentations it worked as expected without additional settings.

3. The observed behavior differs much between emulator and STM32F769i-DISCO board I use for tests which may be a sign of weakness.

Btw, some YouTube tutorial on how to use TouchGFX with CubeIDE for this board would be highly appreciated.

I am not Eclipse enthusiast but CubeMX could be useful. Could be since I have not succeeded trying to configure graphic for this board yet.

VS project uses tools ver. 100. Maybe it is good idea to switch to some never version. Who uses VS 2010 anymore?

1. Thanks. We're discussing options for this. The path is hard coded in the Makefiles.
  2. It's a feature for now, at least : ) Maybe we'll do something to notify the user that unmodified framebuffer memory is visible.
  3. Can you describe this observed behavior?

You can upgrade the MSVS toolset to your current version. We supply libraries for all versions of MSVS (2010 is lacking 2019 because it was released a while ago).

/Martin

TDJ
Senior III

Here is the emulator screenshot.

TDJ
Senior III

And here is device foto. Besides obvious differences at the end of animation the background should not be blue. This blue background and text belong to the first screen which should not be visible.

Source code: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fja5rvZB_9X3t5-Bjof62oXnqZYQiMxE

TDJ
Senior III

Regarding MS VS: I created new, blank UI project for STM32F769i-DISCO board.

Then upgraded toolset to v142 from v100 while opening in VS 2019.

The project does not build, libtouchgfx_v142_debug.lib is missing.

Please advise.

2010 was released before MSVS 2019 came out, so there is no 2019 library in 4.10.0. It will be available in the upcoming version.

/Martin

Re your screenshot: I downloaded your project. Your settings screen does not have a background - So you're sliding in whatever is in that framebuffer; Blue, apparently + your sliders.

/Martin

TDJ
Senior III

Does it mean Box control is not really part of the screen control tree and, unlike other controls, does not slide out?

If so, this concept may be worth reevaluation.

When new release supporting VS 2019 is expected?

These days software companies release roadmaps, beta versions, gather community feedback on GitHub etc.

It is surprising STM Corporation seems to manage software products old ways.

Software products appear to be underinvested, unfinished, lack coherency, overlap functionality.

Product names in CubeMX configurator are inconsistent either. My board p/n STM32F769I-DISCO is listed as 32F769IDISCOVERY. Not being able to find it initially I thought it was unsupported.

Even to login to this forum every time I have to enter email and password, despite 'remember me' option is selected (Edge browser).

Please feel free to share my customer experience.