cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8T6 ST-Link Bootloader Flashing

KAyou
Associate II

Hello!

I'm new here, so please and sorry for the request but thoroughly explain your answers thankyou.

I have an STM32F103C8T6 Board and a ST-Link V2. I can send sketches from the arduino IDE just fine using ST-Link, but neither UART(Serial) nor USB(STM32Duino) methods work. I assume that my STM32 does not have the UART bootloader pre-installed. Yes I know that is far-fetched, but I have tried everything and it is not working. Is there a way to flash a bootloader using the ST-Link Utility? As far as I can tell, I can only program a hex or bin file same way that I would run the blink file. If I can flash a bootloader can you please provide me with links and instructions?

Thankyou for your help

Kamal Ayoub

3 REPLIES 3

The STM32 has its own boot loader in OTP/ROM, it is not something you can erase or replace. Make sure you can pull BOOT0 High to have it enter properly.

More probable is that the Arduino needs its own loader for UART/USB, and you should seek that from your board vendor, or find it on the STM32Duino site. It is not posted here.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I do not mean to replace it but how can I flash a USB bootloader onto it? When I connect it using UART to Serial Converter and Open the Flash Loader Demo GUI it reads the port of the uart converter but gives me an error stating that it couldn't connect.

I ask again, can you flash a bootloader using ST Link Utility and if yes, how?

Also yes I have the Boot0 on high when i try to program of course.

ST-LINK Utilities would flash whatever .BIN or .HEX file you provide it with. You want an Arduino loader, go find the .HEX file for it and apply it. ie Select file and then Program

The STM32 Cube Programmer supports ST-LINK, USART, USB (DFU) modes of connectivity, replacing several of the older tools.

>>When I connect it using UART to Serial Converter and Open the Flash Loader Demo GUI it reads the port of the uart converter but gives me an error stating that it couldn't connect.

Ok, so either you've got the wrong USART pins (PA9,PA10), or you have them switched. The tools should be able to connect at 9600 8E1, and if they don't then there is a signalling issue.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..