cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible that STM32CubeIDE can support 32bit windows in the future ??

Derek.Y
Associate

It's so sad that STM32CubeIDE can't support 32bit Windows now. Can we expect that in the future ??? Or we have to change our OS ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's 2019, 32-bit systems are a thing of the past. If you're doing dev work you might want to upgrade your OS, or your box.

Refurbished/off-lease equipment with Window 10 Pro 64-bit can be found for under $150

I think ST should focus on delivering functional and robust software, not increasing the delivery targets.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It's 2019, 32-bit systems are a thing of the past. If you're doing dev work you might want to upgrade your OS, or your box.

Refurbished/off-lease equipment with Window 10 Pro 64-bit can be found for under $150

I think ST should focus on delivering functional and robust software, not increasing the delivery targets.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Sounds reasonable, maybe now it's the time to say goodbye to my old computer.

64-bit Windows runs on anything starting from Intel Core 2 and AMD Athlon 64.

turboscrew
Senior III

Also, since CubeMX wants to load stuff from internet and old Windows versions are no more supported by MS, that would also be a security risk.

HamidRezaMaddah
Associate III

The file name is "en.st-stm32cubeide_1.0.0_2872_20190423-2022_x86_64.exe"

x86 mean it support 32-bit windows.

please fix it.

thanks

Nope. x86_64 means x86-based 64-bit architecture - basically the same as AMD64.