cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol eTaskGetState (referred from cmsis_os2.o).

Dmytry
Associate

Hello

I get errors when I generate a project with CMSIS_V2, but when I generate a project with CMSIS_V1 there are no such errors ...

Build started: Project: GPS_tracker_os

*** Using Compiler 'V5.06 update 6 (build 750)', folder: 'C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\Bin'

Build target 'GPS_tracker_os'

compiling main.c...

linking...

GPS_tracker_os\GPS_tracker_os.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol eTaskGetState (referred from cmsis_os2.o).

GPS_tracker_os\GPS_tracker_os.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol uxTaskGetStackHighWaterMark (referred from cmsis_os2.o).

GPS_tracker_os\GPS_tracker_os.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol uxTaskGetSystemState (referred from cmsis_os2.o).

GPS_tracker_os\GPS_tracker_os.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol vTaskDelayUntil (referred from cmsis_os2.o).

GPS_tracker_os\GPS_tracker_os.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol xQueueGetMutexHolder (referred from cmsis_os2.o).

GPS_tracker_os\GPS_tracker_os.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol xTimerPendFunctionCallFromISR (referred from cmsis_os2.o).

Not enough information to list image symbols.

Not enough information to list load addresses in the image map.

Finished: 2 information, 0 warning and 6 error messages.

"GPS_tracker_os\GPS_tracker_os.axf" - 6 Error(s), 0 Warning(s).

Target not created.

Build Time Elapsed: 00:00:02

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Dmytry​ 

Thanks for the feedback.

You are right, i was able to reproduce the issue and it will be fixed in the next STM32CubeMX release.

Best Regards,

Nesrine.

DO S.
Associate

also in Private includes Part of main.c which was created by CubeMX, it includes "cmsis_os.h" inteads of "cmsis_os2.h".

I think it should be "cmsis_os2.h", if we are talking about CMSIS RTOS v2 API.

RHern
Associate II

Hi, I have de same problem. Whats is the solution?

RHern
Associate II

Sorry, I have this problem whit a clean prgram generate by STM32CubeMX

Perhaps identify the source files that contain those functions, and add those to the project. Or look at command line defines that drive inclusion.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..