cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicleo-GUI Start Problem

N ORhan
Associate III

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project which we use nucleo401re board and IKS01A2 mems expansion board. I mounted IKS01A2 on 401RE board properly and load the datalogterminal.bin file into the microcontroller. After i start unicleo, it connects to the board but does not allow to hit start button. There is nothing on the unicleo screen but it says connected to the board. At first connection it started once but after that i can not start the communication any more.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Unicleo-GUI cooperates with all projects from applications folder and DatalogExtended from example folder.

Other projects in example folder works with terminal or only use the LED on the board. They are very simple. There is readme.txt file in each projects where you can find description.

The FW Management simplify the process of programming and allows quick change of the firmware, you can drag and drop binaries which you want to try or copy them manually to c:\Users\USER_NAME\STMicroelectronics\Unicleo-GUI\Firmwares\ directory, then they will appear in the FW Management tab.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

The Unicleo-GUI cooperates with DatalogExtended from X-CUBE-MEMS1 package.

If you have DatalogTerminal programmed in your board you can see the output data in a serial terminal.

Thanks Miroslav for your kind answer. I loaded datalogextended to the board and its OK for now. Do i have to drag and drop all the example project binaries (like 6d orientation) to the firmwares folder of Unicleo? I do not see any application icon under the FW Management tab of Unicleo. Can you please explain how to have all these firmwares in Unicleo?

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Unicleo-GUI cooperates with all projects from applications folder and DatalogExtended from example folder.

Other projects in example folder works with terminal or only use the LED on the board. They are very simple. There is readme.txt file in each projects where you can find description.

The FW Management simplify the process of programming and allows quick change of the firmware, you can drag and drop binaries which you want to try or copy them manually to c:\Users\USER_NAME\STMicroelectronics\Unicleo-GUI\Firmwares\ directory, then they will appear in the FW Management tab.

Thanks for your valuable answers Mr. Batek. I have never tried to flash applications binaries but only example binaries. All the things are working properly now.

Hi all, I have you same issue. I created Firmwares directory and tried to copy bin or folders from F401RE/Applications/IKS01A2 of XCUBE MEMS1 9.6 but I still cannot see any icon in the FW Management tab of unicleo GUI. I have flashed Datalog Extended and graphs are working fine.

How you solved?

Hello Miroslav, 

I have a IKS4A1 board on a Nucleo STM32F446 board. I followed the getting started guide to configure the firmware. Now the FW runs but Unicleo Gui does not connect. I copied the bin to the c:\Users\USER_NAME\STMicroelectronics\Unicleo-GUI\Firmwares\  but still nothing. The GSG says to configure the uart to 115200 but unicleo seems to sends packets to 38400. In any case also setting the board to 38400 does not work.