cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't import STM32WB55 Nucleo in STM32CubeIDE V1.0.0

BPaik
Senior

I'm having some trouble importing and building the BLE_p2pServer project in STM32CubeIDE. The project doesn't seem to import correctly and I get a number of errors when I try to compile. I assume this is due to STM32CubeIDE is not being listed as one of the supported toolchains in the STM32CubeWBGettingStarted.pdf, which I find unusual given that it is the IDE provided by ST themselves. It seems that STM32CubeIDE cannot locate a number of the required include files such as "stm32wbxx_nucleo.h". I have the same issues for all the other example projects as well. Is there a simple workaround or will support for STM32CubeIDE be added in the near future?

6 REPLIES 6
frnt
Senior

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. By mistake I have overwritten the demo on the nucleo board and I want to use the BLE_p2pServer example to have again the demo.

When I open the BLE_p2pServer I cannot even build it. There is an issue in the pinout configuration as you can see below:

0690X00000A9WbRQAV.png

I have tried resetting the RTC configuration to get rid of the (X), however I'm still not able to build it.

Did you manage to import correctly that project and run it on the nucleo board?

I stopped working on the project for the time being. I plan to return to it in the near future when they hopefully will have released an update compatible with STM32CubeIDE.

DBens
Associate

Any solutions on this? I'm having the same issue while just learning the STM32 ecosystem.

frnt
Senior

Please have a look at the second part of this post

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AVVT72SQH/stm32wb55-nucleo-stock-application

You should import the existing projects within CubeIDE as reported there. Don't copy examples to other folder other folders to avoid references issues.

Please have a look at the second part of this post

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AVVT72SQH/stm32wb55-nucleo-stock-application

You should import the existing projects within CubeIDE as reported there. Don't copy examples to other folder other folders to avoid references issues.

BPaik
Senior

Thanks, that procedure ended up working for me as well. Its a shame that there was no existing information available for how to get the examples working with ST's IDE because I ended up using a different part for my project in the months since I posted the question. ST should probably update their documentation and support their own IDE.