cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start learning HAL library (beside the datasheet)

GGODA
Associate II

Hello,

I learned to blink a led as well as using the user's button to make interrupt using HAL library and CubeMX

However I learnt that through tutorials.

I tried to learn more thanks to the datasheet but it doesn't really help. For instance, the ReadPin function part doesn't give many instructions since it's just written"HAL_GPIO_ReadPin()". Therefore, I wouldn't have known what to put in the parenthesis without youtube.

So is there any (fan made) in deep guide about HAL library? (or something else)

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

You can refer to the User Manual relevent to your device " Description of STM32XXxx HAL and Low-layer drivers"

The user manual provides an overview of the HAL drivers and detailed each peripheral driver: configuration structures, functions, and how to use the given API to build your application.

Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

You can refer to the User Manual relevent to your device " Description of STM32XXxx HAL and Low-layer drivers"

The user manual provides an overview of the HAL drivers and detailed each peripheral driver: configuration structures, functions, and how to use the given API to build your application.

Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Not a Fan here, but all the source is provided and internally documented, and there is a heap of examples under the HAL trees of the cube repository.

#UseTheSourceLuke

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..