cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.1.0 won't launch on Mac running OS 10.13.6

KHill
Associate

Installed by way of the opening Package Contents method. When I double click to lunch STM32CubeProgrammer it does not run. Tried reinstalling, restarting. Running java 8 update 211

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @RChap.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Check my comment in this thread, it might help solving your issue.

Sara.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DShel
Associate

Hi, did you ever get this solved? I have the same problem on OS 10.12.6

kind regards,

Damian

JPate.1950
Associate

Likewise - double clicking the installed app just bonces the icon in the dock once and then quits . You can get it to run by right clicking on the installed package (STM32CubeProgrammer.app), selecting 'Show package contents' and navigating to

Contents/MacOs/bin/STM32CubeProgrammer

and right clicking 'open'. I made an alias of this and put it in the top directory for easier access.

RChap.1
Associate II

Can't run even on MacOS 12.6.3 with the above trick but there is a telltale error message in the command window:

"Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.IzPackException: com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Image icon resource not available from url: jar:file:/Users/someguy/Downloads/en/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.12.0.exe!/resources/Splash.image"

Note the reference to the .exe file resource for the splash image. This is a Mac App. Somebody missed a dependancy link in the mac compile. And they must not have tried hard to test it as it is delivered broken.

Hello @RChap.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Check my comment in this thread, it might help solving your issue.

Sara.