cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to upload a bin file to stm32 and get the message Programming error @0x08000000

RTapp
Associate

4 REPLIES 4

Lack a lot of contextual info here.

Make sure the flash has been erased.

What STM32 part/family is being used?

What are you uploading with? STM32 Cube Programmer software? Via ST-LINK? Some other tools expecting it's own loader?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
RTapp
Associate

sorry for the lack of clarity Clive, I am running a sketch called "Greenhouse" on an Arduino Geniuno Uno, see photograhps, this requires the connection of an LCD screen.

I have a 3.5inch TFT LCD manufactured by "MCufriend" which I am trying to connect via an STM32 Bluepill, see photographs.

In order to program the Bluepill I am using the ST-Link Utility and an USB ST-Link Programmer Debugger. At the moment I am unable to get the programmer to connect to the Bluepill in order to Upload the software that will run the LCD. The "Greenhouse" sketch sends instructions to the LCD via the Bluepill connection. ANy ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your response to date...….

Ronnie0690X000008iWoHQAU.jpg0690X000008iWoCQAU.jpg0690X000008iWnxQAE.jpg0690X000008iWnOQAU.jpg

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Start with simple things first. Your setup seems quite complex and so error-prone.

turboscrew
Senior III

Sketch... try asking the STM32Duino-people: https://mcu.selfip.com/