cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device that supports multi-channel (6-in/6-out) audio streaming to high-speed USB...

Ed Sutter
Associate II

I'm looking for a eval board/micro-controller with high-speed USB (with integrated PHY) and I2S interface to stream up to 12 audio channels (6-in/6-out) 16-bit samples at 44Khz. Are there any app-notes or recommendations on audio over high-speed USB? Is this something that is supported in the Cube environment? Last I used it, it seemed to be limited to Full-speed USB.

Any suggestions? If not in Cube any suggestions on vendor-supplied stacks?

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3

> high-speed USB (with integrated PHY)

We can stop here, there's only one STM32 fulfilling this, the 'F723 (and it's crypto-enabled twin, if there is such).

JW

Hmmm... I'm guessing that's because of the "integrated PHY"?

Do things look better if I dropped that from the equation?

Well, the 'F723 has 2xSAI (each having 2 simplex channels) and 3xI2S simplex each, so that's 7 simplex channels whereas you require 12.

Depending on what exactly is the I2S device hung on, you might also use SPI, but in case of 'F723 that adds only 2 more. Maybe a H7 would have more.

I personally don't and wouldn't use Cube but have had a look and wasn't particularly impressed. Wrote my own USB umplementation, so can't recomment 3rd parties either. And I don't have experience with the OTG_HS in HS mode, so can't really comment e.g. on bandwidth, sorry.

JW