cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running any STM32 IDE as a cloud service ?

MikeDB
Lead

As some of you have noticed in previous questions, I have a rather unique problem in that my code has to be modifiable by the end-user, who is more of a hacker than computer expert, can usually handle a PC so can use something like Arduino but may not understand the intracacies of linking and suchlike for the tools for a multiprocessor H7 system.

I was thus wondering if anybody knows any way, or even has experience of, running an STM32 capable IDE as a cloud service so that things like backups could be arranged automatically, and link files could be monitored/fixed by support staff. Then all I would need to do is put a browser in the product as it already has LCD, USB keyboard and WiFi.

Any suggestions, even if "that's not possible" provided you give a reason, gratefully received.

7 REPLIES 7

mbed?

JW

Oddly enough I have the mbed reference manual open at this very moment trying to work out if it suitable or not

Thanks

Mike

Looks like it would have done what I wanted, but also looks to be a bit of a dying platform - little activity. Compiler fails on some basic C which surprised me and needed a few changes but did eventually get the code compiled for an F series. No H series support so would have to set that up.

S.Ma
Principal

Code that modifies itself: Javascript interpreters and their eval("") function should do the basic implementation.

I guess Micropython with the command line on chip does similar end result using bytecode compiler.

It's a very high performance audio processing device - Java and Python are not an option =)

All audio stuff is programmed in C++ for the human interface and C for the signal processing, so these are the only languages musicians and their engineers tend to learn.

Could you expand on this?

Do you have examples of the C it either rejects or compiles wrongly.

It would not surprise me if the compiler is rejecting what might have been acceptable in the days of K&R but has been long-deprecated.

I know I had to re-jig some of my #defines as GCC evolved to follow the standard.

I agree that they would be fairly slow in adding new devices, and that might be down to you.

Regards,

Danish

It wouldn't accept this structure

static struct

{

uint32_t data[65536];                                      

}   volatile * Sine = (void*)0x30000000;                          

It wouldn't accept calling a function without a parameter if there is an input parameter defined in the function itself. This isn't valid in C but is in C++ of course so I was a little sloppy in saying "valid C" and should have said "valid C or C++"

It generated numerous warnings I had to turn off with pragmas as I couldn't find anywhere else to do so

The most common example was

if (instruction == (int32_t)"wxyz")