cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, Can anyone tell me STM controllers which support all the required capabilities as ADSP-CM408F Analog Devices? Thanks

RLavi
Associate II

12 REPLIES 12

None of them

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MikeDB
Lead

What are your actual 'required capabilities' ? I assume if you needed all of them, you would use the ADI chip

RLavi
Associate II

Floating point operations

16 bit ADC *2 

UART support RS-485

Ethernet support 

2 DAC 12 Bit 

Cache Memory - 128 -348K byte 

Flash Memory – 2 * 10^6 * 8 bits

Clock Speed is 240 MHz 

Low, high pass filtering available

Watchdog 

SPI and I2C Communication Possible.

DMA 

MPU 

These all I need

Some of the high end processors can do most of that, but the ADC will always be the gotcha. ADI's ones are simply better.

Load up the MCU finder and enter what you really need

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/st-mcu-finder.html

The floating point on the CM4's is a bit lack-luster

Couple of STM32 CM7 parts best aspects of the AD part, but you're going to have to trade something.

Why can't you use the AD part?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

They have stopped the support (Very limited Support available) for the ADSP - CM408F (Or any of the DSP parts which they have produced).

My major concern here is ADCs which they have used in their parts, according to @MikeDB​  if they are one of the best then I have no other option to go with AD parts

Or you could use an STM part and an external ADC ? Some STM MCUs have 16 bit resolution but the accuracy and linearity are woeful, and more importantly very batch dependent so you can't just calibrate it out at design time.

And I certainly hope ADI aren't reducing support for their main DSPs - there are whole industries built around SHARC and Blackfin.

Mind you, this is the company that obsoleted the industry-standard microphone amp IC back in 1999 !

RLavi
Associate II

I do not want to compromise on ADCs and Yes they have limited the support on DSPs.

I'd go for an F7 part with the bits you need and an SPI A-D convertor chip then