cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin to pin Replacement of STM32F030C6T6TR.

SPraj.15
Associate II

Hello All,

Currently, we are working on STM32F030C6T6TR controller, it has 32KB flash memory & this memory is not sufficient for our application.

We do not have sufficient time to design the PCB again.

Please suggest any other controller with the larger Flash Memory, and having pin to pin compatibility.

Thank you

Shashikant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David SIORPAES
ST Employee

Hello,

STM32F030C8 has 64kB of flash memory and is pin to pin compatible with STM32F030C6.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
David SIORPAES
ST Employee

Hello,

STM32F030C8 has 64kB of flash memory and is pin to pin compatible with STM32F030C6.

Thanks David

If you don't need floating point, make sure the library isn't being pulled in as it is quite large.

Seem to recall the F0 library uses floating point code in the UART driver, unnecessarily in my opinion.

48-LQFP (7x7) right?

Also consider your toolchain. The Keil tools are generally capable of tighter code, both from an optimization, and dead-code removal perspective. Keil has a free license for ST Micro Cortex-M0(+) parts.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello David,

Is any higher value of flash memory is available such as 128KB or 512KB with pin to pin compatible.

Thank you

HRawa
Associate II

Hi

Thanks David for your reponse.

@ Clive Two.Zero

We will check as per your suggestion and hope that help me in optimizing our code.

Can you suggest any other possible ways to optimize code?

Thanks in advence.

Hi,

I double checked but there are no part numbers with bigger flash and perfect pin to pin compatibility (at least for F0 series).

STM32F030CC has 256kB of flash and is almost pin to pin compatible: PF6/PF7 become VDD and VSS respectively. If you don'use those IOs a simple PCB patch can do.

You may want to run CubeMX part number selector to check if there's anything else suitable for you.

I don't know your application details but if the stored data entropy is low and you have enough horsepower left you can consider some simple compression scheme of the data.