cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Configuration Tool Console doesn't open in STM32CubeIDE

Yuk117
Associate III

Hello,

Device Configuration Tool Console doesn't open in STM32CubeIDE.

I clicked "Open Console -> 4 Device Configuration Tool Console". But the console was not opened.

It is important to Validation of X-CUBE-AI application.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ooo
Associate II

Hello Yuk117,

My guess is you are looking for Device Configuration Tool Output view.

Please have a try Windows > Show View > Other ... then within "Device Configuration Tool" category please select "Outputs" view.

I confirm such view is required doing AI validation activity.

Please confirm it helps.

Br.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Yuk117
Associate III

I found a following description in features and issues in STM32CubeIDE.

• Some STM32CubeMX pop-up dialogs are not opened in front of the STM32CubeIDE workbench on all OS.

Is it this? I hope to fix this issue.

Ooo
Associate II

Hello Yuk117,

My guess is you are looking for Device Configuration Tool Output view.

Please have a try Windows > Show View > Other ... then within "Device Configuration Tool" category please select "Outputs" view.

I confirm such view is required doing AI validation activity.

Please confirm it helps.

Br.

Yuk117
Associate III

Thank you! I got outputs of X-CUBE-AI/Validation in Device Configuration Tool Output view.

EKrie.1
Associate II

I have found that window hard to get to come up and when it does, it's blank and doesn't have the pin map. It's not up but behind another screen. Restarting the app or deleting excess projects doesn't seem to help. BUT, when I double clicked on the .ioc file, I could see the pin map and related pages. Hope this might help another nube.

@EKrie.1​ not sure to get your trouble here. STM32CubeIDE output view is same and promoting same services than STM32CubeMX output window. As confirmed by @Yuk117​ output windows is fully functional and helps as example AI pack features usage

Only variation is STM32CubeMX is promoting as addon an extra window (tabbed with output one) so called "MCUs selection" this one is not part of STM32CubeIDE. This latest windows is useless if STM32CubeIDE because not supporting device swap.