cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help to start with the The B-L072Z-LRWAN1 LoRa®/Sigfox™ Discovery kit

PAmey.2
Associate

Hello,

I am very new with SMT. It's my first board and I juts open from the box. I also received the ST-Link/v2-Isol

I have two nodes and a Gateway in a field and unfortunately, the transmission are not good. I suspect my gateway to not working well.

In any case, I am very interrested to build a GatewayRelay and it's the reason way I ordered the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 LoRa®/Sigfox™ Discovery kit

As I never deveolpped with SMT32 board, I have no idea how to start and some help would be greatefuly appreciate.

I also have a documentation to setup the gateway relay, but I pain to understand. It look not very clear, at least for my.

As I understand, there is two way to setup the board as a gateway relay. First I can connect a Arduino Uno on the top of the board, and as I understand this code can be uploaded to the Arduino Uno and that's it?

What confuse me, bellow the picture of the SMT32 board, the talk about compiling and there a command as

make clean all

But, if I am using a Arduino Uno, does the Arduino IDE is not enough to compile and upload the code?

Some one would be great if you can tell me how to do it? Is there a tutorial to show step by step, if I can not use the Arduino IDE to compile and upload?

My second quetsion is how to manage the gateway relay.

In the doc, there talk about NodeRed relay manager but once again I am new with NodeRed.

If would be very great if someone can instruct me, step by step at the best, how to setup NodeRed. I believe I can not use Arduino IDE for NodeRed?

Last question of the beginer, I am not bery sure about the development tool to install.

I can read : I-CUBE-LRWAN but it look to be an extention, then I should be install STM32Cube? Where to find it. Last doubt: I suppose, I have to install STSW-LINK007 before using the ST-Linl V2

BUT, how can I make the gateway running, with Arduino UNO and Arduino IDE, or with ST-Link V2??

I will greatly appreciate if some can tell me how to start, and at the top some guide line, or steps, to setup the gateway relay.

Many thank from Switzerland!!!

2 REPLIES 2

No, you don't put an Arduino Uno on top, nor use the Arduino IDE.

The shield connector on the DISCO board connects to the CPU within the Murata radio and allows you to plug in user shields, say GPS or OLED, etc. It replaces the Arduino Uno in the equation.

The software they provide that uses "make all" is the github project, described on the cited page, using the GNU tools chain for which they provide a link to, you will have to install that, and then run the make process from the command line.

Installing STM32Cube, either the IDE or MX probably won't get you far. The I-CUBE-LRWAN package is pretty much free standing, with projects buildable in Keil, IAR, etc. I use Keil, there is a free licence for STM32 Cortex-M0(+) parts.

You also don't need the external ST-LINK, the DISCO board contains a built-in ST-LINK that connects via the micro-USB connector on the North end of the board, the LoRa Antenna being on the South end. The micro-USB on the lower East side connects to the Murata module, but needs suitable firmware on the module to function.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Software in the Murata module is using the GPS module in the lower position, and driving the display in the upper position. The thing is entirely self contained. I'm using the LoRa radio here, not using LoRaWAN.

0690X000008iKz5QAE.jpg

If you install the STM32 Cube Programmer software it should have all the drivers required, and should allow you to burn firmware images in .ELF, .BIN or .HEX formats onto the module.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..