cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting CR95HF to continuous transmit and max power for emissions testing?

RFetc
Associate

For FCC testing, I'll need to configure the CR95HF to:

• continuously transmit
  • operate at max power

I'm basing this off of a paragraph in the corresponding FCC document (ID YCPDEMOCR95HF):

Equipment under test operating condition:

The equipment under test is blocked in continuous modulated transmission mode, at the highest output power level at which the transmitter is intended to operate.

Does the CR95HF have a special test mode to accomplish this? Or if it must be done manually, how do I set this up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi,

I believe the "continuously transmit" requirement only applies to full duplex transceiver whereas NFC readers are half duplex. Therefore, this requirement is likely not applicable for NFC transceivers.

Regarding the second requirement (max power), the output power is fixed for a given operating voltage.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi,

I believe the "continuously transmit" requirement only applies to full duplex transceiver whereas NFC readers are half duplex. Therefore, this requirement is likely not applicable for NFC transceivers.

Regarding the second requirement (max power), the output power is fixed for a given operating voltage.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.