cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable L6599 output

Central SUPPORT
Senior II

I am using an L6599A high voltage resonant controller in my AC/DC power supply, and I want to add a shutdown feature. I have pulled the STBY pin to GND of the chip, however the output continues to produce pulses.

Latching shutdown (via DIS pin) is not what I want, so is there any other way to stop output pulses without removing AC power from my system?

NOTE: This question and answer originated from a customer support case which was handled by us. We regularly review support cases and add any helpful ones here for all to benefit from.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Central SUPPORT
Senior II

There are two ways how to achieve the desired function:

1.    The VCC pin can be pulled below VCC_OFF threshold (7.45V). See Table 5 “Electrical Characteristics�? of datasheet for more information.

2.    The LINE pin can be pulled below 1.24V. See chapter 7.6 “Line sensing function�? of datasheet for more information.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Central SUPPORT
Senior II

There are two ways how to achieve the desired function:

1.    The VCC pin can be pulled below VCC_OFF threshold (7.45V). See Table 5 “Electrical Characteristics�? of datasheet for more information.

2.    The LINE pin can be pulled below 1.24V. See chapter 7.6 “Line sensing function�? of datasheet for more information.