cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in trying to flash wireless co-processor binaries onto P-Nucleo-WB55

BCout
Associate

I'm trying to flash the wireless co-processor binaries onto my evaluation board to run one of the Bluetooth test programs. I'm following the procedure provided in the release notes of the wireless co processor binaries directory and it says to run the fwdelete command to clear the BLE stack firmware. However I'm getting the error shown in the attached screenshot.

"Error: Could not execute fwdelete command, Security extension not instantiated"

Any help in getting around this would be greatly appreciated.

0690X000008iDHBQA2.png

1 REPLY 1
rickconrey
Associate II

It looks like you are trying to do this over the swd (port=swd). I'm not sure if that will work. I was able to do it by setting port=usb1. You'll also have to setup the jumpers as described in the docs. So BOOT0 to Vdd and J2 to USB_MCU, then connect the USB cable to the USB_USER port. You'll also need the memory locations of where to flash the binary, which is in the Release_Notes.html file (STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.1.0\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\Release_Notes.html)

That file also describes how to set everything up on your board for flashing the binaries. You could also check section 5 of this file https://www.stmicroelectronics.com.cn/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group1/c6/98/a1/80/77/59/42/a3/DM00597487/files/DM00597487.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00597487.pdf

but its layout makes it a bit hard to read.

Rick