cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate IIS2MDC to STM32F103c

SBans
Associate

Hi,

I am trying to read data from the IIS2MDC placed on a STEVAL-MKI185V1 on a STM32F103C board programmed via Arduino IDE.

I tried following the steps mentioned in the document in the link:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009yDgrUSAS/is-there-any-description-initialisation-sequence-to-get-the-master-i2c-of-the-ism330dlc-running-mode2

However when I read the WHOIAM register it gave a value of 0 instead of 0x40. Subsequently I am unable to read the magnetometer register values.

PFA the code that I am working on.

Any help for this is much appreciated.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi, the fact you are reading 00h on the WHO_AM_I make me suspect the issue is on the communication. Could you check the integrity of the I2C transmission and share the oscilloscope or pattern analyzer screen? Which frequency / Vdd or VddIO / pull-up value are you working at? To check the issue is related to the communication and not to the sensor, you could try interface to it to through the SPI. I think you already did it, but please note that the 8bit I2C slave address is 3D or 3C and not 1E.

0690X000008iYgUQAU.png

Regards

SBans
Associate

Hi Eleon,

Thank you for your response. But I have got it working now. Turns out I had missed out on the pull up resistors. Once I added them it worked like a charm.

Thank You