cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reinstall STM32CUBEIde?

rvalente
Associate II

0690X000008i9d8QAA.pngWhen I firsts Installed the STM32Cube IDE got all kind of error in paths and other stuff, so tried to uninstall it, the uinstallation was always freezing and I deleted the folders. Also, tried to delete some registers but could not find anything more..

So, when I try to install it again, I get this message.

What should I do to force it to install?

Also, I ve Atollic 9.3.0 installed and my current project is beeing developed on it.

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Ethan Huang gave a great answer to this which I will just paste here:

1. Delete CubeIDE installation folder manually (default: C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.0.0)
  2. Run "regedit" to delete this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\STMicroelectronics\STM32CubeIDE\1.0.0

infoinfo983
Associate II

Hello

Sorry if I intervene in this answer, but I have a similar question.

If I want to uninstall an old version of STM32cubeIDE on Linux (Ubuntu) what should I do?

Is there an uninstall file ?

Do I have to brutally delete the following directors ?

/ opt / st

/ Home / "users" / STM32Cube

/ Home / "users" / STM32CubeIDE

Thanks for the reply

Hal

dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq st-stm32cubeide-1.6.1

Not applicable

In case someone deleted the /opt/st folder (Ubuntu), And the installer says there is "nothing to install":

"UM2563 STM32CubeIDE installation guide" says to run this command:

The uninstallation of STM32CubeIDE depends on the distribution. Uninstall STM32CubeIDE according to the step

below corresponding to the distribution used:

• For Debian-based distributions (such as Debian®, Ubuntu® or others):

sudo apt-get remove st-stm32cubeide-xxxx st-stlink-udev-rules st-stlink-server segger-jlink-udev-rules

But for me this one worked:

sudo apt-get remove st-stlink-udev-rules st-stlink-server segger-jlink-udev-rules

I just installed Xubuntu 22.04 and Initially STM32CubeIDE froze right after being installed. It did nothing but hover over a menu and nothing could be clicked, nothing could be triggered, not even a terminal window. Had to force shutdown manually on the power button. After that the IDE could no longer be initialized. I found something on the Internet about a .lock file in the WorkSpace folder, but it didn't do anything to remove that file.

It would be nice if the installer could check what's missing, like the /opt/st folder instead of just saying there's nothing to install.