cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable pdm2pcm middleware?

RLecu
Associate II

STM32F4-DISCOVERY board: I need to read from the mic (MP45DT02) and I was trying to use the STM32CubeIDE to generate the initialization and I cannot get to enable the pdm2pcm middleware. I have tried to configure I2S2 (no errors) but still pcm2pcm is grey and not available somehow. I have the latest firmwate. Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
David SIORPAES
ST Employee

Hello,

in order to enable pdm2pcm middleware, you need to enable CRC peripheral beforehand.

If you point the PDM2PCM entry a popup should inform you about this:

0690X000008iAWIQA2.png

RLecu
Associate II

Yes, I tried an old installation of stm32CubeMX and I could see the popup. In the Stm32CubeIDE I have installed I didn't have the popup. Cloking doesn't work too well either.

Thanks!

I was using STM32CubeIDE in a Win7 and in Linux. I have just installed in a Win10 and tested the creation of a new project. I do not have any popup helping when putting the cursor over the different options. Check, I think its a regression over previous STM32CubeMX versions.

Regards.

Wingunder
Associate III

Hi @David SIORPAES​ ,

I'm using STM32CubeMX ver 6.1.1 on Linux. If PDM2PCM is greyed out, there is _no_ popup, as you suggested.

I finally got the tip to enable the CRC functionality in dm00104712-stm32cubemx-for-stm32-configuration-and-initialization-c-code-generation-stmicroelectronics.pdf and also in your email.

It would be of added value if this could be fixed in the next update of STM32CubeMX.

Thanks & regards