cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the crystal on osc_in and osc_out with stm32mp157

SChen.11
Associate III

Hi everyone, I designed a custom board . It use 24MHz crystal instead of oscillator with stm32mp157. Now, I follow the wiki page to modify the clk_hse with "st,bypass;" in file arch/arm/dts/stm32mp157a-dk1-u-boot.dtsi .

But the board always can not boot up. Did I missing something?

The wiki page that I referenced. https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Clock_device_tree_configuration_-_Bootloader_specific

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

Did you ever have any console message ? If yes, please provide the log.

Are you able to 'boot' over USB (with a PC connected on OTG_HS_DP/OTG_HS_DM) using BOOT[2:0] = 0b000 (or 0b110) ? If yes, this mean you crystal is connected right and you might have SW setting issues.

To exclude other issues (Resets, supplies, crystal oscillation, etc..), you could also try to startup the board with injecting an external square clock on OSC_IN (PH0) while OSC_OUT (PH1) is tied to GND.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

Did you ever have any console message ? If yes, please provide the log.

Are you able to 'boot' over USB (with a PC connected on OTG_HS_DP/OTG_HS_DM) using BOOT[2:0] = 0b000 (or 0b110) ? If yes, this mean you crystal is connected right and you might have SW setting issues.

To exclude other issues (Resets, supplies, crystal oscillation, etc..), you could also try to startup the board with injecting an external square clock on OSC_IN (PH0) while OSC_OUT (PH1) is tied to GND.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your guide. I will check it again.​