cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get resources for programming BootLoader for STM32L475?

Shetu Raj
Associate II

As mentioned in the diagram below, I am working on securing BootLoader. For now I just want to implement the red part in the flowchart and after I get familiar with it, I'll be doing the rest too. The actual model name of the device I am working on is B-L475E-IOT01A2 which is an STM32 Discovery kit with a STM32L475VGT6 MCU.

I have already tried finding code for implementing it but I was not able to get it and even if I got there were some device related issues to it. I have already tried some of these codes by modifying them with my own on IAR Ewarm, KEIL MDK v5, STM32 Workbench and Atollic TRUESTUDIO but they didnt work. By the way, STM32L475 is an ARM Cortex M4 device. I think most of the problem lies in the linker script.

As mentioned in the flowchart, for now i just want the BootLoader to jump to the Application program if all the flags are not set and also not execute Application program if Firmware is not verified. So my Application program will be a simple LED Blink Program to indicate if Bootloader has verified all the steps or not.

Since I am a newbie, I dont have much idea about implementing a BootLoader. It would be great if any one of you can provide me with source code or even resources for basics of BootLoader.

(PS: I have already read many documents related to bootloader provide by STMicroelectronics and also seen some bootloader projects which were completely different from mine but I could not understand them properly. I hope you understand since I have very little knowledge about embedded programming. I know this BootLoader part might be easy for many but still I can't get it properly).

Kind Regards,

Shetu

1 REPLY 1
Alex R
Senior

Please take a look at the following information:

ARM: How to Write a Bootloader

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3913.htm