cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP1 SOM RGB Parallel

debugging
Senior III

It seems parallel RGB on the MP151 is supported on the TFBGA361 and 448 package.  Is there any manufacturer of SOM modules (preferably DIMM socket based) with a parallel RGB header ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

RGB 24-bits is supported on all STM32MP15x packages, starting from 10x10 TFBGA257 to 18x18 LFBGA448.

I let you googling "SOM STM32MP157C" (as far as I see, most modules are based on this reference, in various packages) to find the solution fitting your needs.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PatrickF
ST Employee

RGB 24-bits is supported on all STM32MP15x packages, starting from 10x10 TFBGA257 to 18x18 LFBGA448.

I let you googling "SOM STM32MP157C" (as far as I see, most modules are based on this reference, in various packages) to find the solution fitting your needs.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
debugging
Senior III

Many thanks for the quick answer ! After looking at the datasheet again I indeed found that the RGB paralel output are available on multiple pins.

For the modules,, like the eval boardc STM32MP157A-DK1 several others (SomLabs, EmCraft, Avenger96) also only wire out the MIPI/DSI LCD interface and not the paralell one. As an exception it seems ,the Kontron one seems to have the parallel interface. I was hoping to find some more and one with SODIMM connectors.

Update I just found one https://www.engicam.com/vis-prod/101359

debugging
Senior III

Hello Patrick,

I happen to find a connector CN11 on the MB1262 schematic which is named RGB LTDC and seems to carry the parallel RGB signals (if I am not incorrect)

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/layouts_and_diagrams/schematic_pack/group0/10/9b/9c/41/45/78/41/eb/mb1262-c01_schematic/files/MB1262-C01_schematic.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.MB1262-C01_schematic.pdf

Though the eval kits MB1272A and C do not carry this connector. Are there plans for an DK with this header or the BM1262 board itself ?

Thanks !

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

RGB is used for HDMI bridge on DK2 board. As you see, only EV1 provide such RGB header.

debugging
Senior III

Many thanks, US$400 for the EV1 is a bit out of my range. (mouser). The DK1 price is more in my range. Perhaps going for the DK1 with MIPI then to get some experience with the MP1 though hope there will be n affordable board with parallel RGB someday. inquired some vendors but so far have not found a board (even not SOM/DIMM) type STM32MP1 module with a BSP supporting parallel LCD.

PatrickF
ST Employee

That's could be an approach. Thanks to Linux and our ecosystem, at some point of development, there will be low effort to port your project to a new board, switching from DSI or HDMI (both option with DK2) to RGB.

For SOM makers which sound to have RGB, I see Kontron, DH-electronics, Engicam, and probably some others. Don't know for availability and pricing.