cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was viewing the youtube video on how to use the STM32CubeIDE, when I got to the part on SWV data trace timeline debugging it did not work. I am using a STM32F032 nucleo-64 development board. How do I use the SWV in the debugger?

DStai
Associate II

On the same note, how do I use the other functions of the debugger? I also want to be able to read the state of a counter I created that outputs to a 7-segment display. My code works to push a button and increment from 0 to 9 on the display. I am trying to figure out how to display the value of my counter variable when I push the switch. I can see the value of the switch, but not my variable.  

4 REPLIES 4

SWV is NOT supported in CM0(+) devices. On the Nucleo use the USART/VCP to output telemetry.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DStai
Associate II

I am not familiar with what CM0(+) devices are. Also, what is VCP and telemetry. Not getting any info online, can you point me in the direction of a tutorial or white papers?

CM0 Cortex M0

STM32F032 is a Cortex-M0 based device, it does not support the SWV output channel

VCP Virtual COM Port, Serial Port

Telemetry, the output of diagnostic or functional information about a running system and choices/decisions it is making, real-time

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DStai
Associate II

Okay, so you meant to just use the USART to output my data. Gotcha

What document did your information come from? I have been searching for documents that tells how to set up and use the debug tools, but I have not found the info anywhere I have searched. I did not find anything in the GDB on any of the tools shown in the debugger perspective. I cannot find any info on Live Expressions, Variables or anything. There isn't any info at all in the help, nor can I find it on the website. help:pensive_face: