cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using audio on STM32F7

Charles Blanchard
Associate III

Hi!

I've been struggling for several days in trying to make a working audio example on my STM32F746 Discovery board.

I have studied the datasheet of the codec, of SAI, I2S and the examples given in the STM32F7 firmware package.

I have succeeded in making them work (audio loopback and audio recording and playback). All is fine and I understood how it works.

The problem is, I want to make it work in my existing project, built with STM32CubeMx (I'm using freertos and TouchGFX).

Have you ever succeded in making work audio with STM32CubeMX? I didn't succeed in initialize the mcu...

Thank you for your help,Charles

7 REPLIES 7
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Community member​,

I haven't tried making audio work on F746-DISCO using CubeMX, personally. I've tagged the post with an additional #STM32CubeMX​ to help you get some more answers to this.

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Okay, i still don't see the post in the STM32CubeMX forum and i can't edit your post to add it.

/Martin

It seems that your tag works, my post does appear in #STM32CubeMX​ , thank you. I didn't thought of that tag!

Charles

Oh okay! It helped just mentioning it in my reply. I figured out how to add the STM32CubeMX topic.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Did you get anywhere with this, @Community member​ ?

Charles Blanchard
Associate III

Yes, I resolved my problem, thank you for caring!

Because ST examples and TouchGFX are not using CubeMX natively yet, they were using SDRAM and initializing it separately. I deleted the initialization in both of them and made a general initialization of the SDRAM.

I had other problems with DMA callbacks concerning the audio part but it was not severe, a little bit of debugger and it was solved.

Thank you!

That's great to hear!

Hopefully, everything will be CubeMX/CubeIDE-ified and fully functional at some point.

/Martin