cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All, I am trying to use STM32F429I-DISC1 with STM32Cube IDE, I am newbie and trying to work on the Blink LED of the onbard LED of MCU, but its not working

AGupt.0
Associate II

After so many trying I am unable to do so. When I build my program LED just doesn't blink (however the demo program showing on LCD disappears when building the program).

I have configured Pin 13 and 14 of GPIOG as output anduses these 2 lines to toggle the LED:   

HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOG, GPIO_PIN_13);

HAL_Delay(500);

Can anyone help me out in what else do I have to configure and if I am missing anything

Ankit

5 REPLIES 5
T J
Lead

Can you single step ?

did you use the example code in the repository ?

if you do something wrong the program will end up in hardfaulty

if you cannot single step, then you wont know it.

S.Ma
Principal

Go debug mode and put a SW breakpoint in main().

Then view the HW registers for the corresponding GPIO.

You can manually modify the MODER register to program the pins as output, then use OUT register to force 1 or 0 on selected pins, and check in the IN register the level mesured on the pin is following.

If not, find out what is missing.

How To manually modify the MODER registers (is their any examples for this board)? I cannot find any examples specific to this board. Debug mode doesn't reflect anything. I don't know why a simply LED program doesn't works, Cube id says that the download is successful but I couldn't see LED blinking.

Ankit

Where I can find the example code?

AGupt.0
Associate II

0690X000008a70lQAA.pngNot sure why but now I am getting this message when I try to create a new project to start from scratch, what to do with this one?