Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion processing feature on MEMS Hardware

Altamash Abdul Rahim
Associate II

@Eleon BORLINI​ 

Greetings of the Day

Currently I am using LSM6DSM as my IMU. Now in this sensor I need to write my own function to obtain the quaternions and then based on that obtain the roll, pitch and yaw of the system. The question that I have is , does ST provide an IMU that already has on board motion processing that can calculate and return the quaternions ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Altamash Abdul Rahim​ , ST provides a number of libraries that implement motion algorithms, called X-CUBE-MEMS1. The reference HW design is STM32+Sensor, but the concept could be extended to all platforms. I suggest you to start from the eCompass feature, that provides as output the device orientation in terms of quaternions and Euler angles (although referring mainly to LSM6DSO sensor). Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Altamash Abdul Rahim​ , ST provides a number of libraries that implement motion algorithms, called X-CUBE-MEMS1. The reference HW design is STM32+Sensor, but the concept could be extended to all platforms. I suggest you to start from the eCompass feature, that provides as output the device orientation in terms of quaternions and Euler angles (although referring mainly to LSM6DSO sensor). Regards