cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have recognition problem with NUCLEO G070RB

anabelleG
Associate

I start working with the Nucleo board G070RB and I’m new with ST products. I follow the instruction of the user manual but my board isn’t recognised by the UCPD Cube monitor and the USB STLINK LED is red. Otherwise, it is recognised by my computer. Can you help me please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello Anabelle,

on G070RB, the UCPD IP is not available. So there is no interest in using UCPD Cube monitor.

The main interest of this tool is to see the USB Power delivery messages exchanges.

However, you could use this tool to read debug messages sent by your Nucleo, like you would use some "printf" with a console.

In recent STM32CubeMX versions (with STM32G0, STM32G4, STM32L5 MCUs), you have the possibility, once you have selected an UART, to use the TRACER_EMB module (in the Utilities part) and be able to see debug information with the help of UCPD cube monitor.

0690X00000As5d6QAB.jpg

Then you can click on "Traces", at the bottom of UCPD monitor, and select your COM Port in the top right blue part.0690X00000As5eEQAR.png

(extract from UM2546)

Nicolas

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello Anabelle,

on G070RB, the UCPD IP is not available. So there is no interest in using UCPD Cube monitor.

The main interest of this tool is to see the USB Power delivery messages exchanges.

However, you could use this tool to read debug messages sent by your Nucleo, like you would use some "printf" with a console.

In recent STM32CubeMX versions (with STM32G0, STM32G4, STM32L5 MCUs), you have the possibility, once you have selected an UART, to use the TRACER_EMB module (in the Utilities part) and be able to see debug information with the help of UCPD cube monitor.

0690X00000As5d6QAB.jpg

Then you can click on "Traces", at the bottom of UCPD monitor, and select your COM Port in the top right blue part.0690X00000As5eEQAR.png

(extract from UM2546)

Nicolas