cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while linking a graphic application with keil 5.26 generated with cubemx5:"Undefined symbol OTM8009A_Init

youssef.amimi
Associate III

I have configured my application in cubeMX then I execute touchgfx to generete graphic code and finally i build the project with keil but an error occured on linking "Error: L6218: Undefined symbol OTM8009A_Init (referred from stm32f769i_discovery_lcd.o).

9 REPLIES 9

So likely a missing file. Make sure the project has whatever files it needs from the BSP\Components directories.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\otm8009a\otm8009a.c

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

The explanation is that CubeMX will not concern itself with BSP (even if you're using the BoardSelector) so you must add these files to your project on your own. OTM8009A_Init may not be the only undefined symbol. Just grab them from the appropriate cube firmware as suggested.

Best regards,

Martin

>>The explanation is that CubeMX will not concern itself with BSP..

With automated tools you create the expectation that they'll do the job completely/correctly. It will save a lot of unnecessary technical support load.

youssef.amimi
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ and @Martin KJELDSEN​ , I added files to the Drivers\BSP\Components in the project before building it.

Oh, no doubt about that. The "CubeMX-experience" could be a lot better. We report any issues (related to TouchGFX) that we find, at least.

And you're sure you included otm8009a.c (Drivers\BSP\Components\otm8009a\otm8009a.c) ?

the problem was that i forgot to include in path "Drivers\BSP\Components". (I am very sorry for wasting your time, it was a silly mistake.)

But after all the application didn't work(the lcd didn't work) despite i configured cubeMX and touchgfx using the application note AN4861 for the LTDC.

I will try again, if it doesn't work i will posted the problem and i will count for your help. Thank you very much 😍

Okay, let me know, youssef! No problem 🙂