cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXCube generate wrong linker command file for STM32CubeIDE

Paolo Andreuzza
Associate II

Dear experts,

starting from an MXCube project, if I generate a project for STM32CubeIDE, I obtain a Linker Command File with wrong values assigned to _Min_Heap_Size and _Min_Stack_Size labels.

Even if I change the values in MXCube tool, the values in the linker command file don't change.

On the contrary, if, for instance, starting from the same MXCube project I generate a project for Atollic True Studio, the _Min_Heap_Size and _Min_Stack_Size labels are set to the correct value (They are set with the same values specified in the MXCube tool), so it seems a bug in the STM32CubeIDE generator.

MXCube version 5.2.0

6 REPLIES 6
turboscrew
Senior III

I haven't used CubeIDE, but have you checked it still uses the same symbols?

Paolo Andreuzza
Associate II

Actually I don't know exactly how to see if those symbols are used by cubeIDE; I noticed that in both cases (cubeIDE project and Atollic project) those symbols appear later in the linker command file.

The strange thing is that even changing the values in the MXCube tool, when I generate a cubeIDE project the values that are reported in the file do not change (always _Min_Heap_Size = 0x20 and _Min_Stack_Size = 0x40 even if I asked 0x100 for both in MXCube), instead when I generate an atollic project the values that are reported in the file are exactly those defined in MXCube (0x100 for both).

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​hello @Paolo Andreuzza​ 

Could you please dhare your ioc file ?

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

Thank you, Khouloud.

Sure! It is an almost empty file, just to do some tests, to decide to migrate my projects to CubeIDE

​You are right @Paolo Andreuzza​ , issue will be fixed in the next CubeMX version.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

Paolo Andreuzza
Associate II

Ok.

Thank you very much.

Paolo