cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC configuration problem, STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE

BCoch
Senior

If I change the Sequencer setting from "Sequencer set to fully configurable" to "Sequencer set to not fully configurable", this appears to work okay, even generating code. However, after leaving the ADC category, or exiting the program, the STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE program hangs the next time when trying to load the ADC configuration.

This issue has been present for at least a month. Is it a bug, or is there some other configuration setting that needs to be made in concert with this to avoid the hang?

Present in STM32CubeIDE 1.0.0, build 2872_20190423-2022, and STM32CubeMX 5.2.0.

On a related note, is there a place that bugs can be viewed and reported?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I'm no MX expert so could you tell me how to reproduce the issue step-by-step and also on what board?

I know there's a plan to implement a place to view bugs but I don't know how far along it is.

BCoch
Senior

Hi Markus,

Steps to reproduce:

Start STM32CubeIde (1.0.0)

NewSTM32 Project

Search: STM32G071CB

Click: STM32G071CBTx

Next

Project name: whatever

Finish

Analog

Click on ADC1

Click IN0

Parmeter settings, Sequencer: Change to "Sequencer set to not fully configurable"

Click on DAC1 (or anything other than ADC1)

Click on ADC1

IDE hangs.

Kind regards,

Bruce.

Thank you, Bruce. I was able to reproduce it.

However, for me the IDE didn't hang completely but it gets stuck for ~1 min and then the cursor becomes the "loading circle" cursor but I can make additional changes and switch categories etc. I'll still write a ticket for this, of course. I was just curious if that was the case for you as well?

Hi Markus,

For me, after 25 minutes the ADC selection remains hung, with the spinning cursor shown if you hover over it. Indeed the program as a whole is not hung; I also can modify other elements, but ADC1 remains inaccessible, and can never be further changed.

Bruce.