cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSW-ST25R001 GUI Is not installing

angad
Associate II

Hello,

When I try to install the GUI ,windows says this: "This app can't run on your PC".

How does one get the GUI up and running? Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Angad,

In the meantime the CMS got changed. I was able to correctly download as zip now. Please check.

If just the error message would be more helpful:

"

This app can't run on your PC.

To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

"

doesn't really help to figure out that it's just a wrong suffix. I think this is still an heritage from MSDOS and Win10 made it worse with its new error message.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

which version of Windows is installed on your PC?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
angad
Associate II

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

the message you got is most likely due to the fact that we have moved from .exe content on the web to .zip content on the web. Unfortunately during a short window there was a .exe with zip content which produces this weird/misleading message.

Please try again to download.

Regards, Ulysses

angad
Associate II

Hi,

I downloaded the file again. But the problem still persists. Same error as before

Kindly advise

Best,

Angad

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Angad,

the issue should have been fixed several days ago but still persists. Probably the right incantations for our CMS need to be executed...

For now: Download and change the suffix to .zip manually. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards, Ulysses

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Angad,

In the meantime the CMS got changed. I was able to correctly download as zip now. Please check.

If just the error message would be more helpful:

"

This app can't run on your PC.

To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

"

doesn't really help to figure out that it's just a wrong suffix. I think this is still an heritage from MSDOS and Win10 made it worse with its new error message.

Regards, Ulysses