cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function DSI_IO_WriteCmd(uint32_t NbrParams, uint8_t *pParams)

lyuIvanov
Associate II

I would like to better understand what exactly is DSI_IO_WriteCmd() doing. I want to write a driver for an aftermarket dsi display. The problem is that I cannot fully understand how to set wanted value for certain parameters at given addresses of the display registries. So far I explore, that after calling it, it first checks, if there are more than 1 parameters, so it can proceed forward with writing short(<=1 param) or long (>1 param) command. After that function DSI_ConfigPacketHeader takes place, which is putting the values of: DataType, ChannelID, Data0, Data1, to the GHCR part of the DSI struct. GHCR has an address offset of 0x6C. And after that I can't figure out how the data is being transmited to the display (I know it is through the data lanes), but don't know what the exact order of data flow is and I really do need that, because I'm not able to set any values to the parameters of the display controller. I know exactly which values and paramaters I have to change, but have to figure out how exactly to do it... If someone is familiar with this, please do some good and help me to get over this.

P.s. I have made custom adapter board for the display, all pins are passing, tripple checked, backlight is working fine, but nothing being displayed.

P.s 2. I'm using stm32f769i-disco. Factory display works fine with factory drivers (needless to say :D)

0 REPLIES 0