cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.15.4 PHY Payload Debugging?

Jiapeng
Associate II

It looks like ST only provides bin file to controls Radio, even reference manual also doesn't mention too much on the Radio system.

I am wondering if there is any way to log all PHY payload of a PAN coordinator?

Does anybody have experience on this?

The reason I want to do so because I want to learn low level knowledge of 802.15.4 protocol.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Source for radios is typically not provided due to support and regulatory issues. If you are a large customer you might discuss access with your FAE.

Generally your option here is to disassemble the binary blob, or libraries, and patch or add hooks in them to gain visibility to the data you want to see.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Source for radios is typically not provided due to support and regulatory issues. If you are a large customer you might discuss access with your FAE.

Generally your option here is to disassemble the binary blob, or libraries, and patch or add hooks in them to gain visibility to the data you want to see.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Go to Silicon Labs hardware. Their evaluation kits have built-in wireless packet dump, exactly for this need.

-- pa

Thanks Clive. I understand the situation now. ​

Thanks Pavel. I find this. Which looks like more open and suitable for studying 802.15.4 data-link layer by debugging and reading source code.