cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using the example project MEMSMIC1 in order to stream audio to host PC. But it is not working beside the following configuration: 2 channels, 16000 sample rate.

AA.10
Associate III

When I am changing the number of channels to 1 channel.

it is recognized by the windows driver, but the

"advanced" TAB is disappear (unlike 2 channels configuration). 

Did someone faced with this kind problem? Do I missed

something? 

of course, audacity do not allow to record and I receive this message:

" error while opening sound device"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @JHuang​ ,

After internal alignment I confirm you that, if you change channels or frequency in the firmware, with Win10 you have to delete the driver as explained and reset the board (no need to restart it). When the operation is completed, the "advanced" tab reappears and is usually already correctly created with the new channels / frequency; in some cases it must instead be changed "manually".

-Eleon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi, if you are using win7, the device is recognized as a standard, xx channels microphone. If you did't already do it, you should check the mic configuration, right clicking on the loudspeaker icon on the bottom right of the windows screen and choose “Recording devices�? in the following way. Regards

0690X000008aDclQAE.png

hello

thanks for your reply.

I am using Win 10,

that is what I see when the configuration is 2 channels, 48000 sample rate.

the Advanced Tab not exist.

0690X000008aDlOQAU.png

JHuang
Associate II

I have similar problem with Nucleo-L476RG and MEMSMIC1 5.4.0 package. In 48KHz, the Advanced tab is gone and Audacity or other recorders failed to start recording. Also on Win 10. Any solution now?

Update: The only sampling rate that works on my machine is 192KHz. Then I remember I run the X-NUCLEO-AMICAM1 demo project at first, which is 192KHz... then I modify it to 48KHz or others and not working.

I guess windows don't like sampling rate change on the SAME device. I'll try change some USB device descriptions, see if it will be recognized as a new device with 48KHz.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @JHuang​ ,

that's strange... I can see the configuration with Win10... may it be a matter of administration permissions?

0693W000003RuMnQAK.png

You may try this other way. Go to Sound settings --> Input --> chose the correct input microphone --> Device properties --> Additional device properties --> Advanced

0693W000003RuQfQAK.png

-Eleon

That is exactly what we do. The problem is: the Advanced tab is not there, if we set other sampling rates (except 192KHz in my situation) in the project and build and run.

Aren't you able to see the "Advanced" tab in any case? I mean, don't you see it also when selecting the "Internal microphone"?

It may be a driver issue, as I can see from this forum (similar issue on another tab). The suggested procedure is the following one:

If you are not able to see the same then it could be because the sound card installed on the computer do not have the ability for displaying sound enhancements or the sound card drivers are corrupt.

Step 1:
You may try uninstalling and re-installing the sound card drivers from device manager and

a. Type in Device Manager in the Start Screen. Select the same.
b. Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers in the Device Manager Window.
c.Right click on the Device.
d.Click on Properties.
e.Click on Driver Tab.
f.Click on Uninstall drivers.
g.Click OK.

Now restart the computer and install the latest drivers and check if the issue still persists.

Step 2:
If the issue still persists, reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

-Eleon

When I built the project with 192000 sampling rate(which is the sampling rate used when first time I build the project and connect it to PC), the Advanced tab shows.

I saw another post: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkgUySAJ/xnucleocca02m1

Only 16000 works on his situation.

I'll try above procedure later. I think which might work if Windows forgets the first device sampling rate by uninstalling it. Thank you!

Could make sense... let me submit this to our internal experts and come back to you in case of any update.

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @JHuang​ ,

After internal alignment I confirm you that, if you change channels or frequency in the firmware, with Win10 you have to delete the driver as explained and reset the board (no need to restart it). When the operation is completed, the "advanced" tab reappears and is usually already correctly created with the new channels / frequency; in some cases it must instead be changed "manually".

-Eleon