cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When STM32CubeProgrammer first connects to my evaluation board, it fails to read the QSPI Flash.

DOsbo
Senior

When STM32CubeProgrammer first connects to my STM32F7779I-EVAL board, it fails to read the QSPI Flash. All Flash memory appears as '0's. Loading and unloading the external loader (MT25QL512A_STM32769I-EVAL) makes no difference.  If I erase an arbitrary unused sector, I can then read the rest of the Flash successfully.

I'm experiencing different issues with my own Flash driver. In my case after I have programmed the board, I have to power cycle the board before I can read the QSPI Flash.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Could there be a compatibility issue with STM32F769I and STM32F779I?

Cheers,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Low pin count devices often lack an explicit reset pin and mux it with other functionality. It might be necessary to retry READ ID or similar commands, or try recovery when the device comes up in an indeterminate state. The docs might provide specific guidelines.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Low pin count devices often lack an explicit reset pin and mux it with other functionality. It might be necessary to retry READ ID or similar commands, or try recovery when the device comes up in an indeterminate state. The docs might provide specific guidelines.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes, you're right. I checked the schematic and the reset line doesn't go to the Flash chip. I'll look into alternate ways of resetting it.

Thanks