cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure of opening STM32CubeMx perspective

feng_wang
Associate II

The STM32CubeIDE version 1.0.0 is installed in my computer. When creating a new STM32 project with STM32F103ZE, IDE pops "Open Associated Perspective?" window. After clicking Yes, Downloading selected software pack.. window will show "Problem during Download and/or ...". Error message is "Error downloading the following files: stm32cube_fw_f1_v170.zip(Target directory already exists)". Is it a real problem, or just a confusing message?

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Does the project get generated after you receive the "Problem during Download" error message or not? Does the firmware pack get installed or do you already have it installed?

feng_wang
Associate II

Yes, the project is generated indeed, and the firmware pack get installed also.

The question is this problem always happens when I create a new project with the same MCU. I understand it when creating a new project with a new MCU first time, because the firmware pack might not be there. However, I am confused by this error when creating another project with the same MCU, because the firmware pack has been installed successfully with the previous project. So, I doubt whether the project is generated correctly.

I attach the procedure I take for your reference.

Thanks