Did you mean: 

bug: STM32CubeIDE build failed after Project->Clean

Sking.21
Associate III

2019-05-28

Windows 10 64bit

CubeIDE Version: 1.0.0

Build: 2872_20190423-2022 (UTC)

Project had been compiling+linking fine.

Restarting the IDE does not help.

arm-none-eabi-gcc -o "cubeide-rtos-spi1-uart1-a.elf" @"objects.list"  -mcpu=cortex-m4 -T"C:\Users\stefank\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.0.0\cubeide-rtos-spi1-uart1-a\STM32F401RETX_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="cubeide-rtos-spi1-uart1-a.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -Wl,--end-group

Startup/startup_stm32f401retx.o: In function `LoopFillZerobss':

C:/Users/stefank/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.0.0/cubeide-rtos-spi1-uart1-a/Debug/../Startup/startup_stm32f401retx.s:109: undefined reference to `SystemInit'

C:/Users/stefank/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.0.0/cubeide-rtos-spi1-uart1-a/Debug/../Startup/startup_stm32f401retx.s:113: undefined reference to `main'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

7 REPLIES 7
Zcj
Associate II

Hi,I met the same problem today.it happened when I chose ‘clean’ and then ‘build all’.

E:\20190602\test\Debug/../Startup/startup_stm32f103zetx.s:112: undefined reference to `SystemInit'

E:\20190602\test\Debug/../Startup/startup_stm32f103zetx.s:117: undefined reference to `main'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:41: test.elf] Error 1

"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

and the error happened here:    line112 , startup_stm32f103zetx.s

bl SystemInit

/* Call static constructors */

bl main

When I delete the sentence"  bl SystemInit"and" bl main", the error is gone.

Zcj
Associate II

Hello, I found a solution to this bug.

​The reason for this error is after “clean�?, the directory of the project source file is incomplete, and the file path under "/test/core " is missing.After manually adding the path "/test/core", the problem is solved.0690X000008iOXrQAM.png0690X000008iOXmQAM.png

Hi

Ni Hao.

Very good that you have figured out the problem. Be sure to forward your

discovery to the development team, it may help them improve the code.

I have started using cygwin and git to track the output of the CubeIDE output.

In fact, I kind of gave up on CubeIDE for now. I went back to CubeMX plus a

python script originally written by Carmine Noviello, modified, to extract the

generated code to new directories managed by Eclipse-MCU. I just want to know

where to send coffee money to the CubeIDE developers; they will need it.

Stefan

kdong.14
Associate

An unknown symptom of the IDE is that Paths and Symbols -> Includes settings are initialized.

This problem occurs when cleaning up the project or restarting the IDE.

The solution is to create the project first, export the configuration from Paths and Symbols -> Includes, and put it in the root of the project directory.

0690X000008iWgcQAE.png

0690X000008iWi4QAE.png

Hi,Stefan.

Like you, I also intend to temporarily give up stm32cubeide and turn to truestudio9.3 . But when cubeide updates to v1.1 . I still want to try again, because the embedded cubemx is really convenient.😁

Developing new software is a very hard and costly thing, and they have worked hard. Expressing gratitude for their work.😊

Thank you, this question is very confusing at first. Rebuild the project and report it. I believe that most of the problems in the next version will be solved perfectly, let us look forward to it.

Karthikh_Amaran
Associate

I was not able to create the file path as mentioned by @Zcj​.

But I Solved this issue by creating a new project and copying all the files and including all the paths required (Specific to my project).

It would be better that the bug or the correct solution given to the Community as soon as possible.

Thanks.