cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRST on STLINK V3 ?

RRoon
Associate II

I wish to migrate from using ST Link V2 to ST Link V3. I have noticed that while V2 connector had TRST and NRST signals, V3 only has NRST. Will this have any negative effect ? What should I do with unconnected TRST MCU pin ?

Has anyone used the STDC14 0.05" connector on V3 ? I like it, because it will save a lot of space.

Is there any boards out there that connect directly to this V3 connector ?

Richard.

3 REPLIES 3

(NJ)TRST / PB4 was a JTAG signal, most everything here has migrated to SWD connectivity, ARM does still suggest pulsing it low at startup to reset the debug logic

I've been using the ARM10 for about a decade, the addition of the UART pins is helpful, but I have SWV working on most systems as I'm not big on CM0(+) parts. Of the L0 parts I use, I can push a UART RX/TX over the SWDIO/SWCLK pins, and expose a UART in some form for programming and/or debug.

My FAE likes the Tag-Connect foot-print, and ST has put that on a couple of boards.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal

Yeah, have used the STDC14 connector on one board.

Just be very careful when plug/unplug, as either the ribbon or the board connector plastic might break eventually.

RRoon
Associate II

Did you do anything with JTRST# ? Did you leave it unconnected or did you pulse it low at reset time ?