cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating project for STM32F769I-DISCO omits necessary STemWin Library File

SHers
Associate III

I'm trying to use the IDE to generate a CubeMX project for the 769I-DISCO that uses the LCD and touchscreen; I've settled on the STemWin graphics library to avoid depending on the external TouchGFX tools. I've built numerous projects using the standalone CubeMX tool in the past. I've found a bug in the way the IDE's code generator configures my project, where it omits a necessary library file (but, apparently, ONLY when generating for the IDE as the target build tool).

I'm able to configure the project settings using the CubeMX IDE's CubeMX tool (project files attached), but when I try to build the target, I get numerous undefined symbols at link time, such as the following: "undefined reference to `FRAMEWIN_CreateIndirect' FramewinDLG.c"

I've tried configuring the same project for Atollic TrueStudio using the standalone CubeMX5.2.0, and that project includes a Middlewares/ST/STemWin/Lib directory containing the file STemWin_CM7_OS_wc32_ot_ARGB.a, which isn't created/copied by the CubeIDE code generator. I think something is missing from the IDE's template manifest. Moreover, the IDE doesn't want to let me add the library to the existing project tree...

I've also tried generating this project for Keil uVision 5 from the standalone tool, and that got me a pile of nasty wchar16 vs wchar32 conflicts, so I gave up on that path.

I'm able to import the Atollic-targeted project and build it, but having to follow these tortured paths makes it hard to configure additional peripherals into the existing project (a practice I follow 'cause it's easier to add features to a working minimal skeleton than to get everything fixed at once).

Has anyone else seen this bug, or does anyone know a workaround for it?

0 REPLIES 0