cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting Keil MDK workspace to STM32CubeIDE

VK Verma
Senior

Hi!

Can anyone suggest method to port Keil MDK uvision 5 workspace into STM32CubeIDE as Keil MDK does not support external flash programming in debug environment used in the touchfgx examples for STM32F746G-Discovery.

It is difficult to visualize how to debug touchgfx applications with two major complexities with Keil MDK

1st is with codes resting at external flash and 2nd with FreeRTOS tasks.

Regards,

VK Verma

7 REPLIES 7
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Have you asked Keil support? Maybe they already have a solution.

Also, see this project to convert Keil uvprojx to something else: http://www.keil.com/forum/64382/

--pa

VK Verma
Senior

@pa

There is no such topic ever discussed in Keil support forum and I think ST Micro should release step by step guide to port others IDE workspace into STM32CubeIDE mainly because of two main reasons,

1- As STM32CubeIDE is the new entertainer in the STM32 IDE's and almost all developers are presently using some form or other IDE in their ongoing and completed projects, therefore it will really helpful if there will be such guide in place.

2- As STM32CubeIDE required rugged testing with hands of experts developers who can test it in all scenarios including basic to advance level of debugging which again required easy way of porting worksapces.

3- Even ST Micro himself is using various other IDE's and yet not converted them into STM32CubeIDE therefore if they provide such guide then it will easy to use those applications/demo examples for development of applications by the developers.

Regards,

VK Verma

If they implement importation properly it really shouldn't need a step-by-step script

>>As STM32CubeIDE is the new entertainer...

Well exactly, most of these things are in XML and scream to be automated. Would be one of my first check-box items building a competing product. Import from all existing Key Players and Also-Rans

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​ 

With your expert advice I have tried an workspace from en.stm32cubewb\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.0.0\Projects\NUCLEO55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_MeshLightingDemo)

and that is with EWARM IDE to import into atollic TrueStudio. I am getting following message

"Description Resource Path Location Type Fatal error[LMS001]: License check failed. Use the IAR License Manager to BLE_MeshLightingDemo Unknown C/C++ Problem"

Now help me please !! (without asking me to buy IAR License)

Thanks in Advance !

Regards,

VK Verma

I don't work for ST, and I don't use STM32CubeIDE, you will need to seek support from those working at ST and responsible for these products. @Markus GIRDLAND​ 

If this is a compile time error there are perhaps #define, #ifdef and #error statements in the code that manage licencing of sub-components, middlewares or stacks.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

If you're migrating it to TrueSTUDIO then I would suggest following this guide.

Although, if there is some kind of licensing issue that's not really my area.

@Markus GIRDLAND​ 

Thanks for suggesting porting Guide !

With my experience porting Keil MDK, TrueStudio and others except IAR does not generates Licence error but I don't understand why you need an IAR licence to port into TrueStudio or STM32CubeIDE.

Regards,

VK Verma