cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-CUBE-LRWAN: Usart causes a low power issue

TVoge
Associate II

Hi,

I am developing software based on the l-CUBE LRWAN software and ran into some low power issues. I have a sensor connected to the USART2 and it is receiving data properly. The problem is that because i had to overwrite the  void HAL_UART_MspInit(UART_HandleTypeDef *huart) (located in vcom.c) function the device doesnt get into the lowpower mode.

When the sensor is working the current consumption in lowpowermode is around 4.0mA

When I dont overwrite the fuction (And thus dont have a working sensor) the current in LPM is around 4uA.

6 REPLIES 6
Mabra.3
Associate II

hiii bro

i know you are asking, but i think you can help me in my problem:

I use the node B-L072Z-LRWAN1 with the example “end node�? of the stack “STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN�?, the objectif it’s to send data of sensor to TTN. and I managed to send “int�? or "floa"t without problem to my TTN as first step.

on the other hand, I made a program of UART communication of the “B-L072Z-LRWAN1�? thanks to STM32CubeMX, and it’s working well.

Unfortunately I don’t know how integrated all the code that STM32CubeMX generated in the “end node�? project to send my UART data.

thanks in advence.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000B4433ASQQ/uart-communication-in-the-node-bl072zlrwan1-end-node-exemple

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Mabra.3
Associate II

i see, in my case i have a sensor connected to the USART2 too, when i make a code using cubemx it's working but when i try to integrate it with the end node exemple it give nothing.

please if you can help me with that it's urgent.

TVoge
Associate II

Hi,

Do you have the same problem when you connect the sensor to usart1?

thank you so much for your replay, i apreciate it

i tried the USART2 it gaves the same result, please if you can help me with that problem because I'm stuck .

The USART2 is allready initialized in the vcom filles for the usb communication. You could try to remove all these functions and init your sensor. This solved the problems i had with USART2.