Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an Atolic environment compatible with Touch GFX from Cube MX

ALuca
Associate II

Hello,

I tried different things as explained in the following topics :

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020208091-Configuring-STM32F769I-DISCO

and

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020001492-Getting-Started-with-CubeMX-and-TouchGFX

And for each I have some compilation errors.

Where can I find a step by step explanation to success for creating a software environment including TouchGFX and Atolic ? Or is there a guide to make it ?

My objective is to create a blank project from demo board in a first time and for a custom board after.

I have an old project wich is working on IAR, but for the new one I would like to work with Atolic.

Best Regards,

Alexis

10 REPLIES 10
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @ALuca​,

You should be able to find a few guides on this subforum created by people in this community on how to succesfully create working Atollic projects. Try searching and let me know.

Until then, could you share your build logs? It's possibly something similar to what we're experiencing with CubeIDE at the moment. Take a look at the sticky and get back to me.

Thanks!

/Martin

ALuca
Associate II

Hi Martin,

I tried to follow guides but when I try to build a new project generated by CubeMX I got some errors.

I am not sure they come from TouchGFX, more from my Atollic configuration.

The build log is attached.

Regards,

Alexis

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @ALuca​,

fatal error: usbh_core.h: No such file or directory #include "usbh_core.h

Seems you're missing an include path. CubeMX does not add BSP files to your project i'm pretty sure, or include paths to relevant headers. So you have to do that yourself.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Martin

ALuca
Associate II

Ok, update for this topic.

I have now other errors linked to TouchGFX.

See attached file.

Alexis

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I think you're missing the touchgfx library in your linker settings, and also you're missing all the code for the application. Can you show me your project file structure? You can start by adding the gui/ and generated/ folders to your project for compilation.

/Martin

ALuca
Associate II

Below my project structure :

0690X000008wVCyQAM.png

How to have the TouchGFX library in the linker ? I followed the best answer of the following topic step by step and I think having the same configuration as them now.. but with the errors of the log.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Ap0bTUSQY/use-touchgfx-410-with-cubemx-52-and-atollic-93-on-f769-disco-boardhow-to-get-it-compiling-workingis-there-a-working-example-project-ioc-fileis-there-a-step-by-step-manual

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I don't have Atollic installed, but it's probably the same as CubeIDE since they're both eclipse based. Go to your top level project folder and choose properties. Then choose "C/C++ General" and you should have tabs to input library and library paths - input "Middlewares/ST/TouchGFX/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc" as the librath path and "touchgfx-float-abi-hard" as the library

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

It seems you already have the gui and generated folders in your project. Are you sure it's a C++ project? Otherwise you'd get linker errors since no cpp files are considered for compilation.

Also seems there are a lot of issues for other folders, probably due to missing include paths.

ALuca
Associate II

Thank you !

the project build by following the best answer of the topic below + Adding touch GFX library as you explained.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Ap0bTUSQY/use-touchgfx-410-with-cubemx-52-and-atollic-93-on-f769-disco-boardhow-to-get-it-compiling-workingis-there-a-working-example-project-ioc-fileis-there-a-step-by-step-manual

Now I have a project built in Atollic with a fixed screen.

My new problem is that my screen is not updated after that and the function "StartDefaultTask" wich is automaticaly generated isn't called.