cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIZE of stm32f469ai microcontroller

v_1
Associate II

i am working with STM32F469AI microcontroller interface with the STEVAL-IDP005V1 industrial sensor, when i interface STM32F401RE and STEVAL-IDP005V1 through ST-LINK the disk size shows 520kb is free of 540kb, but the flash memory size of STM32F401R is 512kb only. I am following this below link

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/sales_and_marketing/presentation/product_presentation/group0/47/a2/91/a0/fe/ca/42/89/steval-bfa001v1b_getting_started_guide/files/steval-bfa001v1b_quick_start_guide.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.steval-bfa001v1b_quick_start_guide.pdf

in this the disk size is 2.2Mb, i dont understand where is the mistake so please help me to solve this problem.

7 REPLIES 7

The ST-LINK MSC is a simple way of writing a .BIN file into the system, it does this by pretending to be a FAT volume, so there is likely so variability there.

Different firmware versions of the ST-LINK may report different values. Update if necessary.

I suspect you're drawing/inferring far too much from the image in the documentation.

Can you actually drop a workable .BIN file into the drive, or Not?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
v_1
Associate II

yes, when i drop the .bin file into the board it raises an error.text like the application format is unknown so you cant proceed.

i dont know where is the mistake and am beginner to ARM MCUs so please me to fix this issue.

thanks in advance

The alternative to the drag-n-drop is to use the STM32 Cube Programmer application.

Is this a supplied .BIN or one you created?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
v_1
Associate II

the .BIN file already there so am not created,after update the firmware i just copy and paste the .BIN file into drive then it shows "The application file format is unknown and cannot be parsed and/or processed"

v_1
Associate II

I'm having the same problem - firmware is upgraded to 2.31.25 - when i transfer the .bin, device resets and binary is not loaded - i get the fail.txt message highlighted above - 'the application file format is unknown...

v_1
Associate II

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/sales_and_marketing/presentation/product_presentation/group0/47/a2/91/a0/fe/ca/42/89/steval-bfa001v1b_getting_started_guide/files/steval-bfa001v1b_quick_start_guide.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.steval-bfa001v1b_quick_start_guide.pdf

in the above pdf I am not understand which .bin file should i copy and paste into drive & where can i get that .bin file?

i have STSW-BFA001V1 file has varies bin files are existed ex: below .bin file

please help me .

Flow
Associate

​Hey, I had the same Problem. The wiring of the M12 cable does not match the documentation. I messured White GND and Brown VDD. After fixing the UKI100v1bord LED was blinking and after uploading the firmware i had 2Mb flash memory, using the same F401RE