cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with firmware package and P-L496G-CELL01 board. why C2C device not connect ?

SPinj
Associate II

hii,

I have just started working on P-l496g-cell01 board and download the packages from st web site.

I use en.x-cube-cloud-gen packages in which default code is available to connect grove stream cloud. I follow all steps and also check all jumper all are properly connected but when i debug the code at the stage of initialization of UG96 Cellular device not connect and show the error on tera term "Trying to connect with the embedded SIM

Fail to AT SYNC, after several attempts

C2C AT comunication error with the C2C device

C2C device might be disconnected or wrongly connected

Error initializing the module!" please help me how to solve this error ?

C2C device connect proper way power led ON and also connect with the NW my Esim also activated.

Thank you,

Regards,

sadik pinjari.

14 REPLIES 14
S.Ma
Principal

embedded SIM = soldered SIM on board with the modem.

Did you activate the eSIM on the C2C portal?

Otherwise, it is possible to insert a MicroSIM which needs to be selected in the code (probably a #define).

S.Ma
Principal
SPinj
Associate II

Thanks for your reply.

yes i active sim and also check on emnify site status is activated.

I see this video and follow all steps strictly first time device connected and also i turn on and off led. But than after 2nd time i reset the board and try again than error is

" AT<CR>

ATCore:TIMEOUT EVENT(3000 ms)

UG96 ERROR:Impossible to sync with modem

ATParser ERROR:parser f_getCmd error

ATCore ERROR:AT_sendcmd error: get at command

ATCore ERROR:AT_sendcmd error: process AT transaction

CS ERROR:<Cellular_Service> error during HW device reset

=== CST_reset_modem_mngt Fail !!! ===

=== CST_set_fail_state - 2 !!! ==="

please help me i m stuck from yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

S.Ma
Principal

Looks like the modem is not responding.

If you still have the original discovery MCU SW code inside, it will power up the modem and the modem LED will turn on.

Then, using a windows PC and connect it to the modem USB port, you can use Quectel Qnavigator to manually test the modem/sim/connectivity alone

https://www.bqtek.com/en/download/qnavigator_1_4.zip

Seems to be on-line Quectel tool for modems.

Until an ST guy reply to this forum, this can help you move forward.

SPinj
Associate II

Thanks for the reply.

yes, right it modem responding problem MCU sent the "AT" commend but not receive "ok" or any data from modem.

I check some commends to modem port it's responding all commend but when i connect with MCU and debug than it's not work don't know why ?

if someone face this type of issue please help.

any little help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

S.Ma
Principal

Have you tried the demo binaries from the C2C site, or are you currently compiling a project?

SPinj
Associate II

yes. i first try binaries file which is available on on C2C site but only once it works and shows error so i found en-x-cube-cellular packages which is available on st site and try to compile. but it's not work. i also install Qnevigator as u suggest and debug it give response  +CPIN: READY,  +QIND: SMS DONE, +QIND: PB DONE

this are the last commond send by the module than it shows error

"Fail to AT SYNC, after several attempts

C2C AT comunication error with the C2C device

C2C device might be disconnected or wrongly connected

Error initializing the module! "

please help if possible.

Thanks for giving your time .

SPinj
Associate II

problem solved,

It's Baud rate and hardware flow control configuration problem now module working properly.

Hi shaikh,

i am getting the same error,can you please elabrote how did you solve the issue,did yo u change anything in the code iam also using firmware package and P-L496G-CELL01

DIJITH P