cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default S/W Listing for STM32F7508-DK

DRobe.4
Senior

The S/W included in this Discovery Kit is nice as a demo, but as expected, I would like to tailor it to my application. I have not found any listing for the entire S/W included in the DK, perhaps because it is proprietary and the demo is basically an advertisement for buying TouchGFX, etc.

However, I don't want to buy anything... I have already bought the DK and want to use the H/W (and if possible parts of the S/W) for my own projects.

1. is there a listing of the entire S/W?
  2. if not, I need to understand how to drive the graphics display... as a minimum and I haven't found this info, but it must be around somewhere.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is pretty much identical to the STM32F746G-DISCO, just with an F750 on it, which in fact has the same 1MB FLASH on die, along with the CRYPT/HASH functionality enabled.

For code see

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F7508-DISCO\Demonstrations

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F7508-DISCO\Examples\LTDC\LTDC_Display_2Layers

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F7508-Discovery\stm32f7508_discovery_lcd.c

etc..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It is pretty much identical to the STM32F746G-DISCO, just with an F750 on it, which in fact has the same 1MB FLASH on die, along with the CRYPT/HASH functionality enabled.

For code see

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F7508-DISCO\Demonstrations

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F7508-DISCO\Examples\LTDC\LTDC_Display_2Layers

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F7508-Discovery\stm32f7508_discovery_lcd.c

etc..

It looks like it is fully documented, so thanks for your patience. I didn't understand the file structure. I notice that there are some stepbystep instructions... which if I had discovered first, would have avoided my complaint. Thanks so much.
On 2019-05-17 22:21, ST Community wrote:
Links:

It is surely not helped by the inconsistent naming of things.

Perhaps look at the F730 also, if it meets your needs, as it is a better/newer CM7 core, with bigger caches.