cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix the power consumption of STC3115?

Raghu
Associate

I have a design with STC3115AIQT as in picture:

0690X000008w2F0QAI.jpg

VBAT and GND are connected to positive and negative terminals of a Li-Ion battery, respectively.

When the device is powered-off 3V_L is connected to GND. In this condition VIN pin is sinking 3mA of current, i.e. Voltage across R15 is 3V.

Why is it so abnormally high compared to the value stated in datasheet (1µA)? How can I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LHugh
Associate

0690X00000AQSkTQAX.jpgThe datasheet shows the VCC pin connected to the battery so it is not powered down while VBAT is connected to VIN.

I suspect the device is not designed to work like that and is effectively shorting VIN to ground while it is not powered up via VCC.

I think you need to keep the STC3115 powered by the battery whle the rest of the system powers down.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LHugh
Associate

0690X00000AQSkTQAX.jpgThe datasheet shows the VCC pin connected to the battery so it is not powered down while VBAT is connected to VIN.

I suspect the device is not designed to work like that and is effectively shorting VIN to ground while it is not powered up via VCC.

I think you need to keep the STC3115 powered by the battery whle the rest of the system powers down.