cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge to STM: Import my project into STM32CubeIDE

@Markus GIRDLAND​ , @Stefano Oliveri_O​ , @Imen DAHMEN​ - I'd like to send you a project which works under Atollic, but cannot be imported into STM32CubeIDE because of copious bugs. Hopefully you can find work-arounds, or better yet fix the bugs and issue a more usable release. When you can:

• import the project including IOC
  • regenerate code without deleting all my additional code modules and directories
  • not blow away the release configuration
  • build both debug and release
  • debug using Segger tools on Nucleo 429

Then, and only then, is STM32CubeIDE ready for use here (and likely for most of your other customers). If it can't do these basic things its a complete waste of time.

Are you interested in trying this? If so let me know how to send you the complete project offline (not public). Otherwise its costing too much time and money to continue fooling with this thing.

Please give this a try,

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello Dave,

I believe most of these issues that you list, including ones that have separate topics such as "Blank CubeMX perspective" and "STM32CubeIDE deleted all my source code" are all caused by a use case that is not currently supported.

I was able to reproduce the issues that you list in my testing when I was using a project that had been generated for TrueSTUDIO by a CubeMX version older than 5.2.0. With 5.2.0 it works better (doesn't delete release configuration) but not perfect (need to use Project -> Generate Code (Alt + K) and not the auto-save generate code).

As I mentioned in one of the other threads none of this is officially supported as listed in release notes for known issues is "Importing the ioc file created by stand-alone STM32CubeMX is not supported."

The importer of TrueSTUDIO/SW4STM32 projects covers the conversion of the project to work with CubeIDE but not the full support in the ioc editor as of yet, this is planned to be integrated but it wasn't in time for 1.0.0 which is why it's a known issue and not working as intended.

Any version prior to 5.2.0 will delete the release configuration but I can still generate code without deleting any user code using Alt + K. A workaround is to import the project but use stand-alone MX for older projects but you are of course welcome to wait for a fix in an upcoming version.

@Markus GIRDLAND​ "you are of course welcome to wait for a fix in an upcoming version"...

When is the release with fixes to the IOC import bugs?

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

I don't want to speculate as deadlines and content of a release can rapidly change in software development.

We have an internal release schedule but that will have to be kept secret for now.

MWebj
Associate III

I'm also missing the ability to import CubeMX .ico file. I've got an .ico file, and have just spend numerous hours finding workarounds for all bugs in AC6. So when I heard about this STMCubeIDE I thought "Great! Finally ST has realized that AC6 was a dead end".

But then I find that it's not possible to open a CubeMX file!!!! What is this???? A 1st april joke?? Shouldn't that be basic functionality requirement 1A ???

Or is this functionality just hidden somewhere?

Or is it so that I still have to live with AC6?