cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429IGT6 was not working after a few cycles

AChan.15
Associate II

When I upload my code the controller it was working fine for few cycles after that it gets stuck somewhere else and the code is not running.

I checked it with the debugging mode in that when I run the code is working fine and when it gets struck I stopped the program the breakpoint appears into the hardfault_handler.

could someone help me oi solve the issue

if I tried to upload the same code into another controller if was working good

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AChan.15
Associate II

Hi thanks for your response I have found the solution to my problem it was dude to memory overflow in UART buffer variable which i used that's why i got this issue..Now after clearing the buffer when it is full it was working fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Max
ST Employee

Hello,

you need to provide more details if you want to obtain help about your problem.

What toolchain are you using? Most toolchain vendors provide tips to debug hardfault issues: check on the website of your toolchain.

Try to identify what instruction generated the hardfault and the reason of the fault by looking at the device SCB registers.

you may find some helping techniques described in AN4989.

Wrong clocks/expectations.

Incorrect Flash wait state settings.

Have your Hard Fault Handler report useful information so you can look at what the prior couple of instructions were doing.

The processor provides many details about faults, use them.

Same board? or different design.

Check clock frequencies, externally, and output via PA8 MCO pin.

Check voltages/capacitors on VCAP pins.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AChan.15
Associate II

Hi thanks for your response I have found the solution to my problem it was dude to memory overflow in UART buffer variable which i used that's why i got this issue..Now after clearing the buffer when it is full it was working fine.